Thursday, November 10, 2016

Get Well Card for The Outlawz

This week over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our "twist" is to make a Get Well card or project. 
Our wonderful sponsor this month is Bugaboo, and I used "Nurse Margaret--Hurt a Little" for my card. You can find Nurse Margaret and lots of other great digi stamps and papers at: http://www.bugaboostamps.com/
To make my shadow box card, I used a cut file from the Silhouette Online Design Store and cut it out in pink. Then I sized up my digi and the sentiment (it came with the digi in a separate file so you can use it or not) and added the cut file from the card around it so it would fit perfectly inside the opening. I colored it with Copic and MEXPY markers and adhered it to the inside before gluing the top and bottom parts of the card together. I added a "Get Well" flair and then some white paper flowers by The Paper Studio. 
I already have a recipient in mind for this card. My cousin is having a nerve block done tomorrow, and I'm going to send this out to her. I'm praying she will have some relief from the pain she's been struggling with for some time now. Hopefully this funny card will give her a much-needed chuckle. 
Here's a view from the side to give you an idea of the dimension.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done on this Get Well card! Love the flowers and dimension to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a shadowbox card! That's a design I've not yet tried, but I'm inspired to do one now! This will definitely be a great chuckle for your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the perfect card for your cousin, Carrie. I do hope she can laugh a little and that her procedure does just what it is supposed to. Nurse Margaret is a hoot, and I love that shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for your cousin, Carrie! The nurse is such a fun image and those flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete