Friday, May 20, 2016

Heard You've "Bean" Sick

My mom recently asked me to make her some get well soon cards for her, and I thought I'd be a little creative and use an image I wouldn't normally use for a get well soon card. These adorable Birdbrains by From the Heart Stamps have come in handy before, and I liked the idea of making a pun with the word "bean," so here they are again! The image was pre-colored by Faith Skrdla, and I received it for donating to her daughters hockey team last fall. I love how colorful it is! This would sure cheer me if if I were sick, how about you?
I used a 5X7 inch white card base and decorated it with some fun washi tape. Then I die cut the image with a Gina Marie Designs stitched square die and die cut the sentiment and the sponged rectangle with Gina Marie Designs Wonky rectangle dies. I die cut an orange banner with a Gina Marie stitched banner die to match this week's sketch at I {heart} sketches with a tWist. You can find all these die sets for only $10 each along with lots of other great dies and stamps at http://wholesalecraftingsupplies.com.
I sponged some ink onto my background panel and the sentiment panel (I wrote the sentiment using my Silhouette Design Studio software and the font "Aaargh"). 
 For the inside, I die cut another Gina Marie Wonky Rectangle die and sponged the edges. Then I stamped a sunburst stamp I received as a free gift with purchase from My Scrapbook Pal recently and used a Lawn Fawn "get well soon" sentiment over top of that. 
 I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Share Joy Challenge W,C5 #36 Sketch & CAS*

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Carrie! It's sure to cheer someone up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!
    Thanks for joining our i {heart} sketch Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps! Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete