Sunday, February 14, 2016

Matthew 11:28 MHK Designs Card

This is the first time I've tried embossing digital images and text, but it won't be the last! I love how this turned out! Thank you, Graciellie Chavez, for the video tutorial on how to do this. The trick is to use non-porous paper like this vellum. That way the ink stays wet long enough for the embossing powder to stick to it. I just poured my gold EP right onto the digi as soon as it came out of the printer.
The scripture word art and lovely rose digi come from MHK Designs set "Simple Rose." You can find it and many other beautiful and fun digi sets at https://www.etsy.com/shop/MHKDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu
After importing the digi to my Silhouette Design Studio software, I arranged the rose beside the verse and printed it out on vellum using gold EP to emboss it. I used Pebbles cream chalks to color the rose and leaf. I die cut the digi and verse with a Marianne die and added some pearls to embellish it. I also added a blue Spellbinders die cut behind the vellum to match the colors in the MHK color challenge this month.
Then I arranged a number of the digi roses in various sizes on my digital mat in my Silhouette program and printed them out using the same embossing technique I mentioned earlier. I colored 2 more of them with the chalk and fussy cut them and added them to the front panel. I glue taped the die cuts to some pretty paper that matched the color of the chalk I used to color the roses.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
MHK Designs Challenge
http://mhkdesignsbymynn.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Carrie, WOW! This is absolutely STUNNING! I LOVE the gold embossing--and the color combo is just perfect! Thank you so much for joining our first challenge at MHKDesigns! I hope you join us again soon--I LOVE seeing your creations! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I saw Gracie's video and am anxious to try this, your first attempt is stunning! So glad you joined us at MHK Designs. Donna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done it again, Carrie. Here's a another beauty from you. The gold embossed scripture verse is perfect. Love that. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with MHKD.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete