Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sympathy Card

My cousin's wife lost her father recently, and I wanted to send the family a sympathy card to let them know we were praying for them in this time of mourning. Her father was a believer, so the family has the comfort of knowing he is with Jesus in heaven now. Still, he will be missed by his wife, children and grandchildren.
This card started with a DCWV A2 card blank. I liked the soft colors and pretty pattern. I used a WordArt Wednesday scripture for the envelope flap. Such a good reminder in difficult times that God is our strength.
For the sentiment on the front, I punched out 2 shapes using EK Tools Special Celebrations Stamp and Punch set. I layered the pink shape on the bottom and turned the white one the other way so the pink edges peeked out behind the sentiment. I used one of Gina Marie Stamps Bible Quotes 2 for the sentiment on the front and one of her Bible Quotes 4 for the sentiment on the inside. I have known Gina personally for a number of years now from shopping at her Scrapbook Outlet store and am thrilled to see her line of stamps and dies taking off.
For the inside of the card, I used the same EK Tools Special Celebrations Stamp and Punch set for the stamping on the background mat and the punch with the sentiment on it.
I think death reminds us that nothing we can buy or sell or accumulate here on earth can give us any security for the future. Truly our only hope is in the Lord. Faith in Christ provides the certain hope of eternal life and allows us the comfort of knowing we will one day be reunited with our loved ones who died in Christ.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Taylored Expressions Share Joy! Challenge
Share Joy Challenge W, C 5 - Sketch + Clean & Simple*
Word Art Wednesday
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment